About Me

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One Heck of an OOPS.

Ok so you might be wondering why I didn't post any pictures today. Well sadly my camera has been ruined. I got a new camera on my birthday this past summer. It is a Canon Rebel XS 1000D. Over the weekend I was out in the yard snapping pictures of my dogs and the neighbor kids rolling down their hill. It was a gorgeous day to be outside and I had just started raking leaves. I put my camera down for a bit while I raked and then at the end of the day I pulled all the yard stuff inside on our back porch. That night we started getting a bit of rain. It rained all day yesterday and all night. This morning I went for a walk with the dogs only to get caught in a downpour midway through our trek. I got inside and dryed everyone off. Then I realized I had left my work gloves outside on the bench under our big oak tree. I threw my boots on and ran out to grab them and just when I turned the corner of the tree...there it was....my beautiful Rebel XS soaked with rain. I grabbed it and ran inside. I tried drying it off with a towel and it seemed like it was going to be ok. Then I took the battery out and the card which were both dry. Then when I removed the lense I saw the real problem. The inner workings of the camera were fogged. Really fogged. I tried putting it infront of a hair dryer and I called the local camera repair shop for advise. There is little that I can do. No more camera. Lesson learned. I will be looking into replacing what I have lost but it probably won't be for awhile. Cameras are costly...especially the good ones. It was the nicest gift I have ever gotten and I ruined it.

For those of you who think this can't happen to you learn a lesson from me. I am someone who takes care of everything I own from clothes to shoes to ipods/ camera you name it. I am very good about keeping things safe and protected from the elements. This is something completely out of the ordinary for me but it happened and it can happen to you too. Go with your instincts. Put things back when you are done with them and never ever leave stuff to your memory. From now on I will be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment