About Me

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

At Peace


This is a photo from last summer that was an accident that ended up working out in the long run. I was trying to get a picture of Aunt Linda and her grandson Graham laughing in the pool and just as I snapped the shot they moved their hands into the line of focus. The outcome is one that I enjoy. The hands. I like seeing how supportive and gentle she seems in this photo. This was a wonderful day with all of the family together. I miss days like this.

Just a few weeks ago my Aunt Linda lost her battle with cancer. The struggle that she went though was something that I have experienced with other people but never directly until now. Aunt Linda was an amazing woman. She had a great sweetness about her and her sense of humor was one I will never forget. " (She) had simple pleasures. She sang the praises of things we ignore. Glass coke bottles, bread crumbs, a sky full of stars; she cherished these things." Aunt Linda loved white. She loved clear surfaces, ironed table cloths, a good crease in her pants. She loved windex and dust cloths and she never ever went to bed in a dirty house (except when she stayed with me of course!)
I will miss her laugh and her scorches as she would call them. She has taught me a lot in the short time I knew her. Bless you Aunt Lin....Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Katie you never cease to amaze me,you captured Linda in both words and picture...thank you....Lea

    ReplyDelete