About Me

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Puppy Love


This is a picture of my dog Chelsea. As many of my friends and family know...she is my baby. I realize that sometimes talking about a dog like they are your child is awkward...and suggests a lack of life and I agree for the most part! However, when it comes to Chelsea...all bets are off. She is the best. I have never had a dog that was mine. I grew up with family dogs but never one that I was responsible for. When my partner and I got Chelsea it was crazy hard. We struggled to make a connection and I spent most of my days crying or frustrated. Then one day (after a long crying discussion on the phone with the rescue center help line) I decided to not take life so seriously. From that day on Chelsea slept on my feet at night and now she is my best buddy. I believe that sometimes animals really can be kindred spirits. I haven't experienced it with every pet I have ever had...just a few. But when that connection is shared it lasts a lifetime. Here is to all of my wonderful pets...past, present...and who am I kidding...future!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment